Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

7/52

"A portrait of my son, once a week, every week, in 2014."


This week Micah has become quite a talker. Prior to now he would say one sound which sounded similar to saying "oww". We teased that he was telling on his Nana and myself for abusing him with too many kisses, and that expressing that "love hurts". But now he has progressed onto saying "goo" and making interesting gargling noises. I think this new communicating was enhanced or became easier with his extra mucus from his cold, which we're hoping is on its way out. I'm loving Micah's expressiveness, and sweet temperament. 


Here was another John Piper quote that I was encouraged by and resonated with my heart and recent thoughts about parenting.
"Everything we do from the time a child is born should be aimed at leading him to faith. Our warmth, our hugs, our laughter, our setting boundaries, our stern looks, our severe discipline, our mercy- all should be communicating who God is and that he is trustworthy. We should hope that our children never be disbelieving but will rather grow up trusting in the Christ of our family."

No comments:

Post a Comment