Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

45/52

"A portrait of my son, once a week, every week, in 2014."


This portrait is actually from Monday, November 10th, my son’s first birthday. This photograph will have to do as our 45/52 portrait because this past week my son came down with Influenza A. And I wasn’t totting around my camera while caring for my sick little babe. The irony in this happenstance is astonishing. Micah tested positive for the flu exactly one year later, to the day, that I tested positive for Influenza A. The most ironic part was that, as I shared in Micah’s birth story, I labored with this flu while giving birth to our sweet boy. It was heartbreaking when we were informed that Micah had contracted Influenza this week, only days before his birthday. Making it necessary to move all our celebratory birthday plans to the way-side while our little toddler recovered. 

Micah: trying to be happy while celebrating his birthday, Monday morning, with just family. Micah was so sweet and mild. It was evident in his eyes and darling face that our wearisome one year old was trying to enjoy his mini celebration. He is in much higher spirits today, and we are eagerly awaiting a proper celebration on Sunday, at his rescheduled first birthday party.

And we've learned our lesson two-fold, and next year we will both be first in line for our flu vaccinations. This year I was intentional to get mine at the earliest opportunity since I'm expecting our second and did not want to suffer a similar fate as I did with Micah's pregnancy, but Micah was supposed to get his vaccination this week at this 12 month check up. Poor planning on my part since it was too far into "flu season" it seems for the vaccination to prove useful. We live and we learn, and thankful our little one year old is on the mend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment