Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Micah, Month by Month


One year with our sweet Micah... This year was abundant but quick, filled with immeasurable joy. The old saying proves true, "the days are long, but the years are short". I'm so grateful that I stopped to capture the growth of this little person amongst the blur of the "routine" of life as a mother, in all the working, playing, crawling, walking, talking, crying, loving, and sleeping, as well as the not-sleeping. To recall one of my favorite pieces of writing by Jodi Wilson, where she said, "Indeed, our days of mothering babies and young children can be tiring and messy; a cycle of washing, settling, cleaning and playing. Sometimes they’re monotonous and seemingly endless. But then, without so much as a blink, the sleepless nights and mornings at the park are over..." It is really bittersweet to stand back and observe and remember all these moments where I engaged with my Micah these last 365 fleeting days. Again to quote Jodi, "Beyond the story of [these] portrait[s] lies a strange reality; I look through [them] and experience a profound sense of nostalgia for my [child's] younger [self]. I already miss [him] with a longing that only a mother's heart knows; it's deep and raw..."


Happy Birthday, my darling son. You are my treasure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment